Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fleshing Out

Well, friends, I finally began putting wax onto The Mule and his Marine (!)

I began by stuffing the open areas (the guts, basically) with aluminum foil. I continued by stretching metal screen over the form in order to hold the foil guts in and give the surface "tooth" for the wax to adhere to. I then secured it all with wire.
I slowly added hot wax to build up basic shapes which will eventually become muscles and hide.
(all that stuff behind the figures above is what's on the shelf in my home studio) 
The torsos are now covered with a basic layer of wax. Tomorrow I'll begin on the heads and legs of the figures.
Wax on!

1 comment:

Bhashkar_Navisworks said...

I am not sure where you’re getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this info for my mission.