Friday, July 27, 2012

Moving Along on the Trail to Higher Learning

Hello, all--

Thought I should give you a  SitRep on the goings on here.

I've been away lately, working on my masters degree, through the Low Residency MFA in Illustration at the University of Hartford.  It's a high-intensity program geared to the working professional, which allows him to pursue an MFA while still maintaining a career. For details, click here. I've got only a few sessions left, and one year from now, I'll be a "master" in the art of illustration. The Professors are world class illustrators, most of whom are legends in the biz.

Here are some photos from recent session, held in Hartford, Connecticut:



Chris (C.F.) Payne talks to us during "crit" in Advanced Illustration 2 class (my work is on the wall, far left-- the caricature of Chesty Puller and the monotypes of  WWI African American soldier...)

The monotype they liked--


Also a sculpture update--

I've made a bit of headway on the Mule and His Marine sculpture and here is the latest photo:

2 comments:

Nate D. said...

Is that you and Ozzy? I can't wait to see the final piece! -Sgt D

Anonymous said...

Hey, Nate!
Actually, though it's mainly Ozzy, it's also a composite of several mules. And the Marine is mainly SSgt DeRidder, but it's also taken from many reference photos I have, including a couple of you.
So, it's partly you as well...!

I'll post more soon on it, and especially when it's finished.

Semper Fi
Kris