Friday, April 05, 2013

Sculpture Update

Here are photos of two of the sculptures I've been working on, in process. First, there's the mule, with beginnings of his Decker saddle on the saddle pad...

The Marine mule handler...


His boots are taking shape also:


On the Rifleman sculpture, I've had to do some "surgery" to reestablish the proper form of the figure, because I'd lost track of the armature inside, and the figure got skewed.  I also changed the arm positions, turning him more into The Squad Leader than The Rifleman...


 


I will now have to reapply his "frog suit" blouse, as well as his body armor, etc.,  which I had to remove in order to perform the surgery.
Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I do admire your work. How long does it take to do a piece like this from beginning to end?