Monday, February 27, 2017

Marines of the 24th MEU on the USS Bataan (LHD-5)

I mentioned in the previous post about my experience as an artist for the Navy Art Collection, and of coming across Marines on USS Bataan (LHD-5), who were training for an upcoming deployment with the 24th MEU.
Here is a painting I did based on that time on board and observing the Marines:
"Filing out to the Birds," acrylic on canvas. 30" x 20".  Marines on the flight deck of USS Bataan (LHD-5) head out to board MV22 Ospreys.

4 comments:

Kathryn Law said...

Beautiful, inspiring work. I found you through the NYT article from 2010, which was just tweeted today by @USMC. It's deeply gratifying to know that these traditional programs have survived, I hope they always do. Thank you for your service!

christian soldier said...

so glad you are still posting your work :-)
C-CS

Anonymous said...

Kristopher, I love your work. Please email me at:

marywimbish at hotmail.com.

I would like to talk to you about illustrating my children's book
"Willie and the General" the story of Patton and his English Bull Terrier.

Mary Wimbish Houston Texas 713 669 8509
please please contact me.

Stillife said...

how wonderful !

we should present you also in one of our articles, what do you think?
https://blog.singulart.com/en/2017/08/31/navy-in-art/